TelL Me WhaT yOu ThiNk

If you're looking for music critiques, you'd do best in the "mp3 forum" section. Also, you'll have a lot of people giving you crap about not using a direct link to the music.

If you're looking for site critiques, it's a very nice Flash site. You might consider a non-flash option. I've had all-Flash sites before and have taken a lot a flack from people. In fact, I'm one of those "skip intro" people, myself.

just curious... not trying to flame, but what ARE you looking for... your site seems to make the representation that you are an established label... with several artists, presumably trusting your skill and knowledge to represent them and produce a product for them that is viable and commercially competitive... so... then you are not a homerecordist looking to improve your mixes?

The site is very sharp... I am very grateful that you have a volume control for the music, it became very difficult to listen to my radiohead track while browsing your site ;)

But... flash is ultimately bad, for a totally different reason than what chris said... flash doesn't get picked up by search engines, so all of your juicy text, is lost...

And I guess a section giving a little more info about what strongarm is, would be great, as right now, I think I'm misunderstanding...

Anyhow, good luck.

Regards,

Rich
Radium Reactor

Rich,

Thanks a lot for your imput. Acutally what I am trying to do is get feedback on what people think about the songs on the site. I subscibe to this forum because I know that people can help me with all types of music stuff.

I will put what strongarm is all about on the site.

Thanks

jdizzel said:
Rich,

Thanks a lot for your imput. Acutally what I am trying to do is get feedback on what people think about the songs on the site. I subscibe to this forum because I know that people can help me with all types of music stuff.

I will put what strongarm is all about on the site.

Thanks

FWIW

Track1 Smaller market because of swearing could scare off a few folks....you know the deal
Track 2 Great Chorus Hook , Flows well
Track 3 Reggae.........great verses, chorus needs more of a change from the verses
Track 4 Most Radio friendly ....high key lines seem a tad to high in the mix during chorus
Track 5 Intro to verse need a smoother transition ....flows well ...like the combination horns in the chorus

Good vocals overall
Nice website....good work

wow,

thank you pashop! Sounds like you really sat down and listened to the songs one by one. Thanks for the imput, I'll go over the mix to change whats needed.

ok guys, we are all human, so therefore we make mistakes. You would make my english teacher very proud!! I don't need your sarcasm but thanks for your imput, oops I mean input!!

jdizzel said:
ok guys, we are all human, so therefore we make mistakes. You would make my english teacher very proud!! I don't need your sarcasm but thanks for your imput, oops I mean input!!

Sarcastic correction of post:
OK guys, we are all human, so therefore we make mistakes. You would make my English teacher very proud! I don't need your sarcasm, but thanks for your imput (sic). Oops, I mean input!

:D
Just giving you some more crap.

Seriously, though, if you're trying to run your own label, you'll look more "pro" with proper spelling and grammar, regardless of your genre.

:)

man oh man!!! I didn't think so many people cared about my punctuation. You guys are concentrating on the wrong thing!!!!! All I wanted to know is how you feel about the songs on the site, not how you feel about my punctuation. I guess you have nothing better to do with your time but try to insult someone who is just trying get a mere opinion.

jdizzel said:
man oh man!!! I didn't think so many people cared about my punctuation. You guys are concentrating on the wrong thing!!!!! All I wanted to know is how you feel about the songs on the site, not how you feel about my punctuation. I guess you have nothing better to do with your time but try to insult someone who is just trying get a mere opinion.

Whoah! Chill out! If you had read the forum before posting you'd see that many people will poke a bit of fun and mean no harm by it. The grammar thing is just a bit of advice, take it or leave it. You also would have discovered, as I mentioned before, that you'll get more responses regarding the music in the "mp3 forum" than you will here.

Regarding the music:

I couldn't get the songs to play by clicking the titles, only by manipulating the player at the bottom. This could be because I use Mozilla and not IE, but if that is the case, you're going to alienate Mozilla/Netcape users. My comments are in the order which I was able to get them to play. Keep in mind, this is the opinion of a cornfed "white boy from Illinois."

Hey Girl - Good vocals, nothing really stands out about the song itself. If it were playing in a club, yeah, I'd dance to it...if I had a hot enough chick to grind with.

Body Language - This is my favorite of the bunch, but that's because I like the reggae vibe it has.

My Shawty - I think this one is the best one musically. The piano sound really separates it from all the other songs in it's genre. The rap is good too.

Get Loose - This one sounds like a theme song for something. The bass is too overwhelming for normal speakers, although I'm sure it sounds great with subwoofers.

Gunz - I think that's the title anyway, I couldn't read it on the player and the site doesn't list it. Anyway, I like this one a lot.

Grammar Joke

A southern woman was riding a train to New York when a snobbish-looking woman and her child sat in the seats next to her.

"Hi! Where y'all from?" Said the southern woman.

The snobbish woman, disliking that her daughter had been exposed to such horriffic misusage of the English language, replied, "We are from a place where we do NOT end our sentences with prepositions!"

The southern woman, "Where y'all from, bitch?"

ChristopherM said:
Whoah! Chill out! If you had read the forum before posting you'd see that many people will poke a bit of fun and mean no harm by it. The grammar thing is just a bit of advice, take it or leave it. You also would have discovered, as I mentioned before, that you'll get more responses regarding the music in the "mp3 forum" than you will here.

Sorry ChristopherM, I didn't mean anything negative about it. I thought were trying to put me down, I didn't know you were joking.

Thank you for taking your time and listening to each track on the site. You seem to be very musically inclined just by the way you diagnosed the songs. I really needed that input from you and everyone else because of a small project I am working on.

again, I apologize if I came off to offensive. Thanks!!

Re: Grammar Joke

ChristopherM said:
A southern woman was riding a train to New York when a snobbish-looking woman and her child sat in the seats next to her.

"Hi! Where y'all from?" Said the southern woman.

The snobbish woman, disliking that her daughter had been exposed to such horriffic misusage of the English language, replied, "We are from a place where we do NOT end our sentences with prepositions!"

The southern woman, "Where y'all from, bitch?"

That was a good one, it actually made me laugh!

Back