Tell me if I am missing something

Vinyl

I want to record to my comp then burn to cd. I have a pci 128 sound card ESS SOLO-1.Anyway I am using a DOD tec8 grunge pedal. Can I go from my pedal to the computer?Can I mix tracks with software such as cakewalk?Without having to buy a mixer?And any other answers you can think of will be greatly appreciated.

In general, yes.

I'm not familiar with your soundcard, but you may run a signal from a guitar pedal, directly into your soundcard, record with software, and mix & edit within the software environment, all within the computer.

You don't necessarily need an outboard mixer to do this, as described, but an outboard mixer might help if you've got more complex sound mixing needs. [You'll know when you reach this point].

In simple terms, yes, what you said is basically correct. Your guitar pedal signal may be fed into the soundcard, and do the rest with software.

Be careful not to run the pedal to hot, so as not to burn out the inputs on your soundcard. -Anyway, any good recording software should have peak/level meters.

[I use Magix Music Studio, 16 track DAW software, I scored at Best Buy for ~$20]

I would geta mixer!

I would really get a mixer for this stuff! its alot easier, and mixer arnt to expensive nawadays! U can pick up some decent price pouit mixers from Behringer look at the Euro rack range they are very very good for their price www.behringer.de as for the software most people like to use cubuse or sonar! I dont know which is best as I ahve only used cubas but I have heard ggod rerports on the sonar!

Back