Techno pop song.??

Brenton

I don't really know why I decided to create a song like this. I've been working on it all day and wanted to share it with you guys. Let me know what you think. (It's not close to being done. I'm still laying out some tracks)

I'm with ya Brenton. Seems like there's no one out there :)
I like this song, although I'm not sure I'm the most qualified to render an opinion on the mix. I'd leave a little bit of space at the beginning of the song - sounds like the first part might be clipped a little? Sounds good to me!

I wonder if "quick replies" qualify as "posts"?

This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 1 seconds.

Whoa - I've gotta slow down a bit too...:)

Lol. You'll get your posts soon. And thanks for the advice too. Nothing in the song is clipped, what are you monitoring through? I've spent most of today tracking all of the parts so I have not done too much eq and mixing yet.

got a very retro vibe about it, nice "john carpenter" sounding synth......when the guitar parts in its very 80's, I like the sound, I can hear roto tom fills all over it :)

but I dont like the drums....the high hat just nips away and the snare samples just there all the time...much as I love retro electro I cant help thinking that more acoustic sounding drums would suit this better...apart from that the mix is sounding clear :)

Thanks for the listen KC. I am not sure what I am gonna do with the drums. I've thought about replacing them once I started to mix a bit since I really didn't like how they felt in the song. I think I'll probably end up changing the kit a few times to see what I like best.

Just listening through PC speakers. And sorry - didn't mean amplitude clipped. It just starts a little abruptly - thought that maybe the rendering should start earlier? No big deal though.

Just listening through PC speakers. And sorry - didn't mean amplitude clipped. It just starts a little abruptly - thought that maybe the rendering should start earlier? No big deal though.

Ah. Now I get what ya mean. It does start pretty abrupt lol.

Back