TEAC A-6010

dmcsilva

I recently inherited a TEAC A-6010 in great condition. The heads were recently replaced so it should be in good working order. I know diddley squat about how to use this in my recording-I've only done PC-based 'til now. Anyone have any suggestions on how to best incorporate this into my recording? Also, any reccomendations as to the best type of tape to use would be very appreciated. Thanks to any and all for your help.

dmc

Quantegy or Quantagy or Quantigy (spelling?)is good tape. Used to be ampex. If that's a multitrack you could sync it to your digital and use those tracks for the ones you would like to have the analog warmth. Then save the digital tracks for stuff that isn't as effected by 'warmth'. Or record to the tape first and copy it to digital. I find that warms it up a bit. Then ad your digital tracks. Experiment.

I am not familiar with the Teac A-6010. Is it a stereo recorder? 4 track multi-track?

Let us know about it and mabye we will have some tips for you!

Sincerely;
Dom Franco

Stats on the A-6010

The model A-6010 is a 4-track stereo, 3 motor deck, direct drive reel-tables and belt-driven capstan. Can take up to 7-inch reels. Automatic shut-off, tape tension switch for normal or thin tape (1 or 1,1/2 mil). Auto-reverse function, 4 heads, solenoid operated pushbuttons for the transport controls, Tape/Monitor switch. wood cabinet. Speed: 3-3/4 and 7-1/2.

Does anyone know where I can get a rubber pinch roller for one?

Stats on the A-6010

The model A-6010 is a 4-track stereo, 3 motor deck, direct drive reel-tables and belt-driven capstan. Can take up to 7-inch reels. Automatic shut-off, tape tension switch for normal or thin tape (1 or 1,1/2 mil). Auto-reverse function, 4 heads, solenoid operated pushbuttons for the transport controls, Tape/Monitor switch. wood cabinet. Speed: 3-3/4 and 7-1/2.

:confused: Does anyone know where I can get a rubber pinch roller for one?

Back