Tdif pci

pandamonk

Hi, are there any PCI cards which have a single TDIF I/O? My old lecturer from college said he'd sell me a set of 8 preamps with TDIF outputs really cheaply, but my TASCAM FW1804 only has ADATs! He said just to buy a PCI card with TDIF real cheap and I could expand my setup by 8 channels. Are there any available and would they work along with the TASCAM 1804?

You could get a Tascam IF-TAD converter to adapt from TDIF to ADAT lightpipe. That said, since TDIF is a proprietary standard, the thing costs about 10x what it would cost for a similar format converter between any two open digital standards....

Maudio made a delta TDIF. Uses regular Delta drivers. The Motu 2408 is modern and has 3 TDIF ports but is far from cheap

You could get a Tascam IF-TAD converter to adapt from TDIF to ADAT lightpipe. That said, since TDIF is a proprietary standard, the thing costs about 10x what it would cost for a similar format converter between any two open digital standards....
Thanks for that. That's definitely an option and if i can't find anything else I may go for it. However, I might just be better going for the Behri ADA8000.

If you want, you could also look for an older Motu 2408 without the PCI card. The 2408's can be used as standalone units and that way it will convert your TDIF out from the preamp to ADAT optical, or analog.

If you want, you could also look for an older Motu 2408 without the PCI card. The 2408's can be used as standalone units and that way it will convert your TDIF out from the preamp to ADAT optical, or analog.
Thanks, it's probs still too expensive.

Thanks. Yeah I saw that and am considering it. I'm thinking that if i buy that for £70 + whatever the lecturer wants for his preamps, I might be better off buying a brand new ADA8000 or a digital mixing desk with adat outs. One reason for considering the tdif preamps is that if i could find a tdif card I could expand my inputs to 24.

Back