Taylor guitar cases

Wide Awake

I bought a Taylor hard case for my 414 and it seems like it fits so tight that it might be putting some pressure on the bridge and neck. If you have a Taylor, how does your case fit ?

I'm assuming I got the correct case because it fits snug around the body of the guitar. I'm tempted to take it back and get a different manufacturer's case. My Taylor guitar is one of my prized possesions and I hesitate not taking great care of it.

Tell me I'm worrying about nothing. :confused:

I fly with my acoustic guitars about 5 times a year.
I just flew to Nashville 3 weeks ago with two of them.

Believe me when I tell you... you'd rather have a snug fit than a loose fit when those guitars are being handled by the gorillas know as "baggage handlers".
(...remember that old Samsonite commercial?) ;)
The last thing you want is any "play" inside that case, to keep the guitar from shifting around all over the place during the loading and unloading and the flight.
This also goes for long distance travel by car or bus.
I even put a pair of thick socks on the top of my Yamaha in my older case just to make it properly snug at the bridge (the original padding is worn out), and it's still fine after 24 years.

That "pressure on the bridge" isn't going to hurt anything with the proper padding. I'm sure that a reputable company like Taylor has their cases made exactly as they're supposed to be made... with the proper snug-fit and an appropriate amount of padding.

It sounds like a good case... I'd keep it.

You're probably right Buck. I talked to a friend on the phone who has owned a lot of acoustic guitars and he told me that it's normal to bulid them really snug.

:cool:

recently bought a taylor 310 and asked them the same thing, had to really pressure the guitar to fit in the case, but now after a month its fitting really nice,
snug , but not overly tight, its a great case just give it some time .

Ray

I've got a 714, fits really nice and snug. I've got to put a little pressure to push it down into the case. No pressure on the neck though.

Pete

my 614 is really snug...

i have to push into the case...

an pull it out...

with the case open and turned up-side-down, the guitar won't fall out...

My 714CE is just right. However, it's a few years old so it's probably not as snug as before. My NS62ce is very tight as it is brand new. I dont' think you'll have to worry about your guitar as the Taylor cases protect guitars very well.

Back