Taylor Grand Symphony

rpe

NM - Land of Excrement
Has anyone played any of the four new models of the Taylor GS due out this month? From the write-ups they sound like a great value and the specs indicate they could be great guitars, particularly for fingerstyle.

rpe

Well, I've got a friend who is a pretty good sized Taylor dealer who hasn't seen one yet, so I would guess it is a little early for any really well informned reviews.

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

A high-school buddy of mine bought Taylor #0011. A curly maple jumbo. Most beautiful Taylor I have ever seen. Back when he was in Lemon Grove.

I don't know but I imagine that was back when Bob Taylor was building the guitars complete.

I wonder when the last time was he built a guitar.

He's still building prototypes. That's part of what the GS project is.

I think the Taylors I've played lately have a stunning midrange. I've been looking for smaller body fingerstyle instruments that deliver something substantial my older 815C doesn't deliver. Some of these really sing in the midrange - and some of the best were in the low end. Fancy inlay makes no difference with it comes to sound.

Treeline said:
He's still building prototypes. That's part of what the GS project is.

I think the Taylors I've played lately have a stunning midrange. I've been looking for smaller body fingerstyle instruments that deliver something substantial my older 815C doesn't deliver. Some of these really sing in the midrange - and some of the best were in the low end. Fancy inlay makes no difference with it comes to sound.

I'm looking for the same thing.

rpe

Back