TASCAM'S TMD8000 Help Help

ENIGMACODE

I'm one of those few guys out there who bought the old 'Flagship Board' (The TMD800), before they dropped it from production. :(
Anyway, if any of you have used this board, you KNOW how warm and SWEET it is! BUT getting accurate information or ANY information from our Tasacm friends is pretty SLIM - It seems there's only one dude - 'Jackson' who is not only a NICE guy, but goes the EXTRA step in trying to help you especially in regard to the TMD800. SOOOO now I'm getting into the automation communication with a Blue/Wht G3 I just bought, and of course there's problems :(

Does anyone have this board, or know someone who does?
Someone who can help me?

Thanx
Mike Fraticelli
rocknroll@bignet.net

Last edited:
I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'RE GONNA TRY TO HELP! I'M SOOO HAPPY!

MERRY XMAS! - MERRY XMAS!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR RESPONDING! I'M SOOO HAPPY!

I went to your web site! It's COOL!

Are we be able to converse acceptably to understand each other?

(any language barriers?)

I was SOOO pleased to see that your equipment list is almost identical to mine........

I do have the automation working on my G3 which has a 2nd 20 GIG Hard Drive, and a RAM of 256MB's........

But I haven't had the time to understanding how helpful the AUTOMATION is, and what it ALL means yet???

My friend also has the same equipment, here in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA.

I'm told by Jackson over at Tascam, that in order for us to exchange actual mix configurations with each other, we both need to have our Hard Drives be able to communicate with our boards thru a MIDI PROTOCAL. Is this right?

And would you mind if we were able to email each other?

I would be more than happy to try to compensate you for your time......

Regards,
Michael Fraticelli
3430 Barclay St.
Phila., PA 19129 USA
215 844 4074

rocknroll@bignet.net

www.locationstudio.net

I'm not sure what you mean by exchanging mix-configurations.

What's to share except knowledge? All the automation moves etc are higly timecode based and depended on recorded material.

If you have specific questions I'll be happy to try to answer them.

BTW I'm not using MIDI with my board. I send SMPTE timecode from the SY88 expansionbord of my DA88 to the TC-in of the 8000. Now the automation software excepts this timecode and runs by this clock.

The software is kind of crappy though, mine has the bug to record moves and eq changes without actually being set to record. Kind of a bummer if you're looping between two locatorpoints and on every pass your moves are resetted. I believe somebody on the Tascam.com forum is begging for the code so he can rewrite the software and make it freely available for all of us. Praise the lord !!

Back