TASCAM Wallpaper

Not bad memories...just kinda miss that machine and simpler times equipment-wise.

Understood. ;)

I knew "bad memories" was not quite right the second I typed it but had a brain freeze and couldn't come up with the right phrase.

Anyway, just having some fun with my new GE-20B, imaging what it might look like fixed up with some wood dress panels. :D

View attachment 92520

right click to download...

Cheers! :)

Last edited:
Much thanks to Sweetbeats for taking some parting pics of his Tascam MX-80. Didn't have to do much other then clean up a tiny bit of rack rash and to square up the geometry of the i-phone lens which tends to warp things a bit...

View attachment 92655

There's been some talk about the Tascam 124AV 1/2 track stereo over dubber deck over in another thread and just for giggles I thought I'd do a Google search for one of these plastic beasts and make a wallpaper out of it. Sadly, there's almost no images out there of any quality and the one I found looked as though the deck had been left out in a sand storm in the desert for a long, long time! :laughings:

Anyway, I did my best to try and clean it up a little but it still shows signs of abuse and neglect.

Here's the pic I found...

View attachment 92799

And here's what I did to it....

View attachment 92800

If anyone out there has one of these and wants to take a pic of it for this thread, PLEASE do so! :D

Gear ****

Hey there. I know this isn't quite what you guys go for or what I've seen in this thread so far, so I don't know if it counts as off-topic or not, but since I haven't been able to share any of my recent analog recording projects yet, I thought I'd give you this:

aa001a.jpg

I was able to pull out the old 2340RS for recording some dialog for a film I just made and just had to get one nice shot of it. :)

Back to the schoolwork now... :spank: :eek: :spank:

From a slightly older era of the prosumer reel to reel market, here's a nice example from Crown. A company that went on to make some very popular power amplifiers for the studio, club and audiophile home use. I had initially thought this was a full blown 1/2 track mastering deck but it turns out to be a fairly pedestrian 1/4 track stereo deck running at 3.75 and 7.5 IPS. Maybe they made this in the pro format too? Anyone know?

Anyway, here's the Crown SX-724...

View attachment 92903

Up next, another Teac consumer series reel to reel, the 1250. I chose this model because its rarely seen and because its a bridge model between their older decks from the early 70's and their next very popular era of machines which included models like the A-3340S. This one has elements of both of those lines which makes it interesting...at least to me.

View attachment 92930

I covered the Sound Workshop 242C stereo spring reverb a few months back and was waiting for a decent pic of its bigger brother, the 262 which includes two band parametric eq for the wet sound. Otherwise, its basically the same guts with a different look...This shot was stitched together from 2 different shots.

View attachment 92944

Back