Tascam US1800 Question/ Problem

JHudson

I have been using the 1800 for a bit now, and overall am very pleased for what I need it for. Question is this: yesterday, had been recording for a good while, and then the unit starts to give me a static type sound, that was not constant, but cycling in and out - did this both on playback and on the source that I was recording from. I shut the 1800 down, powered back and then it was fine for a while, then it did it again. I am using Reaper, Windows 7 - have not had this issue before. Just curious if it was one of those freaky things associated with this unit, or possibly something I need to send it back for. Thanks.

Did you try rebooting the computer, too? I have heard some issues with the US800 and Windows 7 (a cache fills up or something).

The first time I did reboot the computer as well. The second time I only did the 1800 in an effort to try to narrow down the root of the problem. Not really a huge deal, but just want to see if it is a common thing, or possibly an issue with the unit. Other than this I am very very pleased with the Tascam!

Hmm, I have only used wireless printer. Anyway, what I was getting at is that your description sounds like what happens when USB connection to the 1800 is lost or interfered with. I tried using an external audio drive and Tascam on the same USB controler, and the same thing happened. Do you happen to have a USB3.0 port you could try? Another thing to try would be another USB cable.

Hmm, I have only used wireless printer. Anyway, what I was getting at is that your description sounds like what happens when USB connection to the 1800 is lost or interfered with. I tried using an external audio drive and Tascam on the same USB controler, and the same thing happened. Do you happen to have a USB3.0 port you could try? Another thing to try would be another USB cable.

I do not have a USB 3.0 port, but will definitely try another cable. This gives me some more areas to look at. Thanks for the reply and the help. I will post results after I change a couple of things.

Cool, let us know. There are other things we can do to get your setup optimized for performance as well. :)

Cool, let us know. There are other things we can do to get your setup optimized for performance as well. :)

I am open for all the help I can get! I am very new at the whole home recording thing, but I am having fun with it. Most of what I will be doing is guitar, with mild bass and drums (mostly Chet Atkins / Merle Travis type stuff) - I have great sources going in, and so far have been happy with the tone I am getting, but open for any tricks / tips to making things as good as possible. I am also using Reaper which I am still very much learning as well. I may post a raw track later this evening of one of my "test" tunes with guitar only. Thanks again

Back