TASCAM US1800 doesn't work with reaper?

Shapelierpanda

Hey guys. I received a TASCAM US1800 along with two condenser mics for christmas. I also downloaded Reaper. However, when trying to select my audio device in reaper, the TASCAM doesn't show up. I've uninstalled and re-installed the drivers a few times and have no idea what to do.

Help please! thanks!

Nope haha. After around half a day on this forum the only people I've interacted with are you and that jimmy69 guy. So thanks for the concern you two, haha

just noticed that the light that'd indicate a valid usb connection isn't on. I've tried two different cables and other usb items work in my usb port, so i don't know if that means anything, haha. But I figured I'd provide all the information I can!

Well, that sounds like a whole different issue now. Again, I don't have a clue where to start with troubleshooting a Mac issue.

I'm totally worthless here. :(

Seems like everyone has a problem with Macs today huh Jimmy?

I got a Mac recently. Maybe I'll answer some problems later on.

It's probably broken like you say... but for the record, to the person who mentioned ASIO4ALL, the US1800 and most, if not all Tascam devices have downloadable ASIO drivers, which are pretty stable and work well.

FWIW, I use a US1800 with REAPER on a PC and I very rarely have a problem that is not easily troubleshooted and I've never had a driver issue.

It's probably broken like you say... but for the record, to the person who mentioned ASIO4ALL, the US1800 and most, if not all Tascam devices have downloadable ASIO drivers, which are pretty stable and work well.

FWIW, I use a US1800 with REAPER on a PC and I very rarely have a problem that is not easily troubleshooted and I've never had a driver issue.

Mhmm. The problem wasn't that the US1800 couldn't work with ASIO, but that ASIO couldn't work with Macs!

Naw man, there are many Mac users around here, who have the 1800 installed and working. It sounds like the interface is just fubar.

Hey all. This party still going on?

I've no direct experience with tascam units, but I have used interfaces that wouldn't light up or show power unless the correct drivers were there.
Mbox2 is an example, so while it might be broken, there's still a chance it might not.

You said you've installed/uninstalled the drivers a few times. Are you 100% sure they're the most up to date version, and compatible with your OS?
A snow leopard version will probably install, but probably wont work, for example.

Are you plugging into a usb hub? If so, bypass it for now.

You can check system profiler to see if the device is recognised as attached hardware, and you can check audio/midi setup to see if it has drivers and is functioning.
(system profiler no longer exists in ML; Not sure about Lion. Go to apple/about this mac/more info/system report.)

Hmm. Other than that, is there a different computer you can test it out on? Even a friends? If possible do that, and the preference would be a different OS, or even better, windows.
At least that way you might have an easier time proving if the fault is hardware or software.

Hope everyone had a great day yesterday. :)

yes, 100% sure. I'm using drivers 2.00, while the 2.10 drivers are for snow lion. No USB hub, doesn't show up in the audio/midi set up. I'll try it with my buddys computer today, which is windows. So that will be the moment of truth.

Is it in the system profiler? It's a two stage thing. Sys prof proves that the device is physically connected and recognised, then audio midi setup proves that the drivers are working properly.

Look under USB in sys prof. It may show as device blah blah 0x**, but it should show something.
If not, it might be a hardware issue.

It said the drivers couldn't be installed because of a time out, presumably because the computer couldn't find the interface when i was prompted to plug it in.

Back