Tascam us122 questions

PATRIOT2006

How does this device record audio to the computer if it is using rca jacks? Is it through the usb port? Are the rca jacks only for monitoring purposes?
Also can I use the cubase software that comes with it to sync up the audio with video I would create with a webcam?
I tried recording a short video with my webcam and the sound is as expected was terrible. I was also thinking of using my VS880 to record the audio while I use the webcam to make the video portion but I would still need a way to sync up the two files. This is for personal enjoyment only. I am loking for a relatively inexpensive way to do this if that's even possible.
Thanks for any info you can provide.
Rich

As far as I know the version of Cubase that comes with the US122 has no video capabilities.

REAPER is a $40 shareware audio/midi sequencer which is miles ahead of those 'lite' versions of larger name software that come with hardware interfaces. Download REAPER and see if it runs well on your system and if it does what you're looking for -- you have a 30 day trial period before they ask for the shareware fee.

Back