Tascam US-800 or Focusrite Saffire Pro 24?

MidoBan

Hi, I'm trying to decide between the Tascam US-800 and the Focusrite Saffire pro 24. I heard that Focusrite's mic preamps have a really good reputation, but the Tascam has more XLR inputs which i prefer. My question is, will the sound quality really be better on the Focusrite? or maybe it doesn't matter in this price range? Quality and quiet pres are my main concern. If the sound is really better on the Focusrite, i'm definitely going for it.

I know Focusrite also have the Pro 40 for the XLR count, but its the same preamps as the 24 so the question still stands because the Tascam is cheaper.

Balanced is balanced... and it's the sound that matters...

...and for the $100 price difference, you'll be kicking yourself for not getting the 40 in about... 3 minutes, after you got bought the 24

Balanced is balanced... and it's the sound that matters...

...and for the $100 price difference, you'll be kicking yourself for not getting the 40 in about... 3 minutes, after you got bought the 24

What do you mean by "Balanced is balanced"?
Ok i agree that the Pro 40 is a smarter purchase then the 24, but whats with the Tascam?

XLR and TSR are connection standards, both can be balanced.

I liked the look of the Tascam myself, but have not heard good things about the preamps... nothing bad, mind you... just nothing good

Not hearing bad things is a good thing. The Tascam preamps are fairly clean and have 60 db gain. Very useable for this price range IMO.

Back