Tascam US-428 Primer!

sloom

I know, it's newbie stuff, but I haven't used one of these in a long time and I'm in need of some basic help- if someone doesn't mind taking some time here. I need to install the thing on my house-machine to get some tunes mixed/etc for my band.

I have v3.5 drivers, no manual and I'm finding myself clueless.

Anyone have a bit of time to lay out a stpe-by-step procedure for installing this piece? I'm sure it'll come back once I get started here- and you won't have to take forever or go into too great detail.

I'd earnestly appreciate it- thanks!

Rog.

Last edited:
Depending what you have on your house machine, installing/setting up should be a piece of cake... Just install the drivers, plug in the USB cable and turn on the 428 and let the computer install the WDM stuff. Point your recording software to utilize the 428 ins/outs and you're off! :)

I use mine as a portable control surface with Sonar 5 as well as the midi interface for my laptop... Love the little devil.

A whole plethera of info (including the manual) can be found here:

http://www.tascam.com/products/us-428;9,15,138,19.html

Good luck!

:)

I finally remembered/pulled together the installation, and I'll go see that linkage there. Thanks, Mr. Rabbit!

Where did you get a version 3.5 from I could not find anythng past 3.4. I'm trying to run this on FL Studio 5 and something still arent working properly.

Where did you get a version 3.5 from I could not find anythng past 3.4. I'm trying to run this on FL Studio 5 and something still arent working properly.

You're right- sorry, it's up to 3.4. It possibly just isn't fully supported by FL Studio.

sloom, how did you get it working with FL Studio? I am trying to use my motif via a tascam and nothing is working. Did u end up using with with the midiout vst?

I can't remember, it's been so long now. But I never used MIDI, only the audio interface and control surface (I'm an Audio/real-life instruments guy)... and I dont' remember if I used the control surface function!

I never get complicated- meaning into the workings of peripherals. So if it worked as a control surface it's because FL supports it. Sorry I'm not more help; life is busy and dense, and so am I! :rolleyes:

Back