Tascam us-144 interface isssues..

EDAN

Hello I posted this in the Sony section too, I wasn't sure where to post.

I'm a newbie to PC recording though I'm getting the hang of it...

Prior to getting the Tascam us-144 mkII for xmas I was simply going from a small preamp into the mic input on my laptop and laying down some rough guitar tracks using Amplitube.

Well, today I installed the drivers and set-up the Tascam us-144, plugged my guitar into the guitar input, make sure all switches are in the right position and I can't get it to work. I do get a signal on the meters (both input and output) when I strum the guitar, but no sound through my powered monitors or the headphone jack on the Tascam (actually I get an extremely faint sound through the headphone jack). Adjusting the input level from the Tascam or in Acid doesn't affect the meter signal at all. It just stays the same.

Also the only way for me to get a signal from the Tascam is by changing the Audio Device Type from "ASIO4all v2" to "US-144" in Acid, but then the rest of my prerecorded tracks don't play back.

And at times I have to unplug the Tascam USB chord from my PC because Acid freezes, as soon as I unplug the chord Acid unfreezes.

Any suggestions?

Edan

Hi,
This has helped with some Mac Users (no Promises)
I feel your pain, I have a Tascam US-122 and when I bought a new Imac (the current mid July 2010 models) and running Snow Leopard OSX 10.6.4 (shipped that way) , The Tascam US-122 did not have Snow Leopard Drivers , (stopped at OSX 10.5.x Leopard ) but I surfed the net and found info (I have not posted enough to post a link to the web site ) where users of the Same unit downloaded the Universal Binary drivers (PPC-Intel) and also used a USB Powered Hub (plugged in to AC) , when they disconnected the powered hub (USB 2.0) their Tascam US-122 would not work , Plugged the powered hub in and peripheral devices in (re Audio Interface and ? keyboard (the thread I read was getting the A/I to work ) and Powered USB 2.0 Hubs are not that costly Belkin, Griffin, Even several used ones bought at Radio Shack, there is info as well in Apple Support on USB 2.0 ports (they put put 5V and 500ma but some devices (such as a Audio Interface without a external power supply ) of which I think applies to the US-122MK and US-144MK (adding SP/DIF) I found the info surfing Tascam US-122 and Mac Snow Leopard Compatibilty (as I did download the Universal Binary drivers and no go) and figured well its one of the first items I bought when recording etc, its USB 1.1 and its been a good run, I can not promise You thats The solution but the signs and symtoms You descrive are also on that site with models such as yours and the white unibody models the US-122L ? e-mail me and I will provide the web site
ambienttales

Back