Tascam US-122 vs. Audiophile

sae

I am looking for a solution to record on my laptop.

I have heard good things of both the audiophile and the us-122. The tascam has phantom power and the audiophile does not.

I have read many comments on this site using the "search" function but didn't find a thread comparing these two cards.

I eventually want to record drums (at least 4 tracks) so can I simply buy another card when I need to and use both at the same time? Do I need to worry about syncronicity if I do this?

If anyone has experience with both cards please share which card you prefer and for what reason.

Thanks

sae

Audiophile vs. US-122 = apples vs. oranges.

If you already know that you want to record 4 tracks simultaneously in the future, the US-122 is an absolute no go. The audiophile has digital IO that you can put to use with an additional A/D converter which will give you a total of 4 ins. Using more than one M-audiocard in one PC is possible but is known not to work that well under windows 2000/XP

Unless you can get use out of the digital IO of the audiophile, look for something else.

Thanks for the reply Christiaan.

For now I am looking for a solution that I can use in my apartment.

I will not be in a house for a while so I will not be tracking drums for a while, so I will not need 4 tracks now. But I figured that I would look a bit into the future.

Thanks for the responses though.

Back