Tascam tmd-8000 and aes ebu anybody?

Guelph_Guy

Hi everyone!

Well I have an old tmd-8000 and I'm hoping somebody could help me with a question on assigning aes/ebu inputs. I'm trying to connect an aes/ebu akai sampler to the aes/ebu on the tmd-8000 digital I/O-1 ( aes/ebu port 1)

i went into the console assign menu and assigned digital i/0 1 to channel 15 +16

The display indicates that I have the aes/ebu d i/o 1 assigned accordingly..I slaved console word clock to the sampler that I'm trying to connect via aes/ebu (akai s5000)
The console is telling me I have sync on d i/0 1 ( when I turn off the sampler the clock drops on the D i/o-1

However, when I trigger the sampler I have no visible input on D i/o-1. The sampler is working and I have output on the sampler but I can'y see the signal (or even level) on the console metering or display...

the sampler is slaved to wordclock okay..no issues, aes/ebu cables are new.. I just can't see what I'm missing ..(console routing ???)

any thoughts???

thanks
Keith

Resolved !!!

It's non-intuitive...

in the routing section of the console ... display screen.. it allows you to select
analog in direct in and digital I/O... when I select Digital I/O Which was what I thought it would be.. The channel does not switch to AES/EBU!!

when I leave the selection untouched (non-selected) low and behold the aes/ebu interface is working and the sampler is working fine. So I was rigged correctly but Was getting a red herring by not interpreting the console correctly!

thanks again for all the help.

I now have 2 stereo aes/ebu console ports supporting 64 channels of stereo midi from my 2 akai s-5000's ... This was the last thing I needed to hook up midi wise..

Now on to MTC and MMC .....!!!!

Back