Tascam Support

c0r1n

OK, about a year ago, my 424 mkiii stopped working. I think I posted about it here. Anyway, I shipped it off to Tascam and they said nothing was wrong with it. Got it back. Still not working. I gave it to a buddy of mine who designs this kind of stuff for a living, and he was able to isolate the problem, but he was unable to fix it. Is it worth sending it back to Tascam to let them have another go? Right now it's a paperweight, and I would love to have it working again, but I was not impressed with how they handled it before. I imagine I am looking at a minimum of $150 if they can fix it for parts and shipping. Thoughts?

yeah, it was new and $300. Plus the $40 I am already out for the last time I shipped it to Tascam. :p

if it's warranty i'ld pitch a bitch.... if not... what parts are need that the freind cant get??? maybe we can help source some for you... yep and tascam support is an oxymoron...

it was one day out of warranty when they looked at it before. :rolleyes:

as for the part, it's the reset circuit or somesuch. He could short it out and the board worked like a charm, but he wasn't able to bypass it or put in a different switch. Probably no big deal for people with access to the right parts, but nothing I or my friend could do. Anyone have a pdf of the service manual? that might be helpful.

Back