Tascam Neo as a live mixer from computer via midi?

Jroxx7

Hello,

Is it possible to play individual multi-tracks from a DAW on my computer via midi to my Tascam Neo, and use the Neo as a "live" mixer for backing tracks?

Thank you.

Jay

jroxx7@aol.com

I what I understand from what you have written is correct, No. Midi is not for transferring audio. However why don't you just put the backing tracks into the Neo and play them from that?

Alan.

Hi Allen,

Thanks for getting back. Yes, I have actually done that but it's really tedious to transfer the tracks into the Tascam Neo one at a time. It works, but the purpose is for backing tracks while playing out live. Each "song" would have to be "loaded" one by one within the Neo itself during the show. It would be too time-consuming between songs.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Jay

OP, I would think you would do your mix down prior to a show and only use a stereo mix since it is backing. Then find some player (maybe a computer with a MIDI controller for stopping/playing). Run that through a simple mixer for your vocals and any instrument you would be playing. I think having all of those tracks live would cause problems.

Why don't you load the files into something like a Akai MPC1000, very quick to load songs, can have midi running along side if required, can load extra stuff as samples etc etc. Vey reliable live.

Alan.

Stick a stereo mix onto a ipod or hand held two track-T ascam Dr-1,Dr07 etc.and take the line out to the P.A.

Back