tascam msr 16

kevin fox

I have a tascam msr16 and would like to digitally mix

Not being a computer expert simplicity is my main concern

I have considered buying a roland vs880 to mix down on and utilizing the built in effects.

I'm currently using a yamaha 16/4/2 desk and mixing direct to cd. Great sound,limited control

If you have any experiance with this situation please help.

email can be sent to
mrfox@bigpond.com

That's a good question. I wish I could help you a little more than I'm going to!

I have an MSR-16 as well and I'm interested in pretty much the same thing with one real difference. I use Cubase on my computer and I'd like to be able to sync the MSR-16 with the computer. I've been working on a solution for this with no success. I have an MTS-30 midi tape sync that just won't sync with the computer. I think I'm going to need another machine to translate the sync pulse.

The reason I tell you this is because if I can figure this out, then you'll have your answer as well. Then you can just buy the appropriate gear and sync your machine with your computer, transfer each track seperately into the computer and use DAW software to mix your tracks.

As I said at the begining of my post...sorry I can't be of more help, I'm having the same problem. I'll tell you what though...if either of us finds a solution, how about we keep the other informed?

Back