TASCAM Model 12 Foot Switch Question

Jimi Shelter

Can I use the TASCAM RC-3F Foot Switch with the Tascam Model 12, instead of the RC-1F, if I put a 1/4" Phone adapter on the 1/8" plug that comes with RC-3F?

On the other hand.... I'm looking at the Model 12 specifications and it indicates that the foot switch input jack does take a TRS connector. Hmmmm. Now I'm curious.

I'm inclined to say definite a no. I have the RC-3F that I use with a DP-24SD and a DR-60D. I believe the RC-3F sends out digital pulses/data (Output format: UART signal (9600 bps baud rate, even parity) to operate the functions on the recorders it works with. The RC-1F appears to be a simple switch with a set of contacts. The Model 12 FS jack is TRS so probably a two switch foot switch can work that is connected with a TRS plug. Would assume functions are assigned to each switch in a menu(?)

I'm inclined to say definite a no. I have the RC-3F that I use with a DP-24SD and a DR-60D. I believe the RC-3F sends out digital pulses/data (Output format: UART signal (9600 bps baud rate, even parity) to operate the functions on the recorders it works with. The RC-1F appears to be a simple switch with a set of contacts. The Model 12 FS jack is TRS so probably a two switch foot switch can work that is connected with a TRS plug. Would assume functions are assigned to each switch in a menu(?)
Thanks. You're probably right. I'll have to return it and get the "1".

Back