Tascam M164 UF

jameslawson

Hi i currently have a Behringer Xenyx 1204 FX USB Mixer..

I'm looking at the Tascam M164 UF.. Heres what i currently use on behringer mixer:

2 Mic inputs
2 Stereo Line ins from my pc's two sound cards
Phones input to listen to the music coming through.
A pair of monitors going into ALT 3 - 4

Basically i'm use the "u-control" box it came with which i have 2 phono plugs going in for my monitors and then the other two go into my mixer and then that box goes to usb into my pc.

However that usb device then acts as a sound card which i can use to play music out on my monitors with.

I use this mixer for internet radio broadcasting and it is crucial that i have those line ins as i have one coming from my default sound card to play music through my mic and then one from the other for skype.

I then use ALT 3 (3 - 4) to preview the sound that is on mute through my mixer, however i use PFL whilst my channels are on mute so that whilst on skype talking i can hear them but there not echo'ing through and then when i go on air i unmute it for when i want to speak to them..

Can i still do this on that mixer? I mean i've looked on the back of it and i might have to get a mini jack phono cable instead of mini jack to 1/4 jack for one of the line ins..

What are your thaughts on this..
The mixer also has an inbuilt bridge to monitor your mic levels, Looks like a pretty decent mixer though.

Back