Tascam M-30, 6x low impendance XLR inputs

tomekstas

I`m using 8-track mixer Tascam M-30 for recording two mikes, drumachine and 3 different old Korg synthesizers to Teac 80-8 reel recorder.

M-30 is an 8-in/4-out console designed specifically for 8-track recording , has got 4 VU meters and nice EQ. I love this really nice sounding board, but I have problem.

The first six input channels of M-30, 1-6, are balanced XLR type microphone (low impendance 600 Ohm), while channels 7 and 8 have unbalanced 1/4" high impendance 10k Ohm) phone jack inputs that can be used with high impedance microphones and electric music instruments.

My problem is what to do, to connect, let`s say Korg MS-20 or Polysix (which have 3,5k Ohm output) or other audio to one of these 1-6, XLR low impendance inputs in mixer and have a good signal.
When I`m using for it Tape input or Line input - signal is still too low.

Should I put signal trough the Di-box or sth ? I never use it.

Please help me. How to increase the amplitude of a signal or what to do?

Thomas

Attachments

• 1-Tascam%20M30d1.jpg
    1-Tascam%20M30d1.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 17
I`m using 8-track mixer Tascam M-30 for recording two mikes, drumachine and 3 different old Korg synthesizers to Teac 80-8 reel recorder.

M-30 is an 8-in/4-out console designed specifically for 8-track recording , has got 4 VU meters and nice EQ. I love this really nice sounding board, but I have problem.

The first six input channels of M-30, 1-6, are balanced XLR type microphone (low impendance 600 Ohm), while channels 7 and 8 have unbalanced 1/4" high impendance 10k Ohm) phone jack inputs that can be used with high impedance microphones and electric music instruments.

My problem is what to do, to connect, let`s say Korg MS-20 or Polysix (which have 3,5k Ohm output) or other audio to one of these 1-6, XLR low impendance inputs in mixer and have a good signal.
When I`m using for it Tape input or Line input - signal is still too low.

Should I put signal trough the Di-box or sth ? I never use it.

Please help me. How to increase the amplitude of a signal or what to do?

Thomas

You aren't explaining things very clearly. Have you tried either of the 2 instrument inputs? If the signal isn't good/hot enough with the mic ins, use a DI. The line or tape ins weren't meant to work with anything other than line-level signals so unless your synths; etc., output that, don't bother using them to interface with.

Back