Tascam M-216 Mixer/Monitor Power Amp Connections

Mulevaline

Am connecting this mixer and having problems. going out stereo xlr's to power amp's 1/4 ins, via female xlr to 1/4 in cable. two cables the same and only one will have signal. checked cables working fine. if i connect a mic cable with an adapter, works fine. but adaptor signal is louder than other signal. what is going on? besides me pulling my hair out?

So you switched cables between the two outputs and the one output does not work with either cable? But regular XLR cable works with adaptor, correct?

Sounds to me like the one side may be black with oxidation and the XLR cable just happens to grip better, perhaps better contact. Those XLR jacks on the 200 series tend to get black with oxidation. They always are in my experience. They should be shiny metal looking. I suspect those and they probably need to be cleaned with deoxit.

DeoxIT® D-Series

If not black it may be an intermittent problem with the one side and one type of XLR plug just happens to align it better than the other. Could be a cold solder joint that needs to be resoldered.

Back