tascam interface v tascam interface

gframe

hey guys can anyone tell me the REAL difference between the tascam us 1641 and us 1800?

i have the oppotunity to buy either at a "similair" price should i go a little extra for the us 1800? i'm assuming its an upgrade right?

As far as I can tell, the only main difference is they heeded to the complaints about the cheap looking knobs and started including LE5. 1641's came with LE4 and price came down to $200

Here it is:

Overall:
I have a US-1641 purchased from Zzounds. The US-1800 is the replacement product for the US-1641. People have asked what the differences are so I went ahead and compared the specs listed toward the end of the two user manuals. Everything appears to be the same except the following (unless I missed something): 1) The US-1800 has an external wall wart power supply (versus the 1641 with internal power supply and standard computer power cable). This change has the potential to create quieter recordings but I have no proof that this design change was done for that purpose. The published specifications do not report Signal to Noise ratio in the same format so I cannot confirm it is different. Moving the transformer outside of the housing may have created a better Signal to Noise ratio. 2) The US-1800 only draws 7.2Watts vs 10Watts on the 1641 which means it is more power efficient and cheaper to run. 3) Colors and knobs are different. Per the published specifications the frequency responses, preamp gain, input/output levels, bit rates, etc. are the same between the US-1641 and US-1800.

External power supply, "metering bridge", and 2 of the balanced connections are XLR - 1/4" combo jacks. Now if Tascam only had an 8 in / 8 out interface...

Check for MIDI In/OUTs but I think its the Tascam US-2000 that is lacking it versus the Tascam US-1800 (guitar center online has the Tascam US-1800, sweetwater has the US-2000?
American Musical Supply has about all , or Tascams web site and buy now will direct per product where to buy and You can get images, specs, overview, Owners Manual and at NAMM 11 winter Tascam released the Tascam US-600 (has external power, less XLR/Combo ins, and the US-200 no external power and ? no midi (not sure about that one) both based on the US-800 chassis style

anyone know what converter chips they use and preamp chips? just curious if their the same as US122/144.

Back