Tascam FW1082 Firewire DAW Controller and Adobe Audition - is this possible?

jimmy_the_LD

I am thinking about buying the FW1082 unit, and I'm a Cool Edit user who is upgrading to Adobe Audition...

Does the Tascam FW1082 interface with Audition? On the list of programs on the Tascam website, Audition is NOT listed, but Cubase is. Can anyone shed some light on this subject?

thanks!
Jimmy

From what i have researched on this site it will work but not all the functions will work.

Nicole

found some research

I was cruising tonight looking for an answer to this question, and I think I found it...

I spoke with a tech from Tascam today, who told me that if Adobe Audition supports the Mackie Control Protocol or Mackie Control Universal, then Audition would work with the Tascam FW1082. I them found this online tonight on a website for the Mackie Control Universal 8-channel dealio tonight:

(http://www.americanmusical.com/item--i-MAC-CONTROLUNI--m-7_24_204.html)

"Adobe Audition
Status: In May of 2003, Adobe Systems Incorporated acquired the technology assets of Syntrillium Software and eventually released a re-branded version of Cool Edit Pro 2.1 as the new Adobe Audition™ software. Adobe Audition is the same great Cool Edit Pro that you know and love, along with the addition of enhanced integration with Adobe Premiere® Pro® and Adobe After Effects® 6.0 software. This transition has not affected the integration and support of the Mackie Control Universal and the existing Syntrillium CoolEdit Pro Lexan overlay (which is still included in each Mackie Control Universal package) still supports all the same functions and nomenclature as before.
Mackie wishes to welcome Adobe Systems Incorporated to their family of software partners for the Mackie Control Universal!"

Maybe this is the answer that I am looking for! Not the Mackie unit - hell, I want the Tascam - but Adobe Audition apparently supports the Mackie Protocol, which is what the Tascam tech said it needed.

thoughts?
Jimmy

Back