Tascam FW-1804 and outboard effects

noncon

I saw this unit on Musicians Friend. Anyone have any experience with it or with the control surface version? Also, I've never used any recording interface of this style. How would I use a compressor as an outboard effect either in post-production or for some type of stereo mastering (as far as hooking it up and routing the signal)? Four of the channels have inserts, but there aren't assignable outputs and line inputs (like on the MOTU 828). Is there a way to do it? Thanks!

I saw this unit on Musicians Friend. Anyone have any experience with it or with the control surface version? Also, I've never used any recording interface of this style. How would I use a compressor as an outboard effect either in post-production or for some type of stereo mastering (as far as hooking it up and routing the signal)? Four of the channels have inserts, but there aren't assignable outputs and line inputs (like on the MOTU 828). Is there a way to do it? Thanks!

I'm getting the 1884 version soon. The difference besides the control surface and the extra mic pres is that the 1884 has 8 line outputs.

It seems that the 1804 has only 2 outputs and they would probably be plugged into your monitors. The inserts are only for during the recording/tracking process and therefore cant be used during the mixing phase to add outboard effects.

The only other way would be if you had an Adat preamp box that allowed ins and outs from the adat on the Tascam.

Tukkis

Back