Tascam DP-24 multitrack midi weirdness

Technicsfan

Hello everyone. Im having a bit of a problem when syncing my sequencer, drum machine, synths etc to my new Tascam DP-24 multitrack.
Actually, Everything syncs up fine, Except for the first 10th of a second or so after i press play or record on the tascam everything plays too fast. Its like everything goes at high speed before it settles on the correct tempo.
Im using:
Tascam DP-24 Multitrack
Roland MC300 Sequencer
Alesis Micron Synth
Roland TR626 Drum machine
Korg Er-1 Drum machine

The Tascam is sending midi clock to the sequencer which is in turn controlling the instruments.
Pressing play on the sequencer while its not connected to the Tascam and sending its own clock theres no problem, Only when i sync from the Tascam.
In the Tascams midi options i can select from MTC or Clock. MTC doesnt work, Just Clock
This never used to happen on my little Boss 4 Track and I would have thought the new Tascam would have been able to send clock without a hitch.
Has anyone any idea as to why there is this sudden tempo increase after pressing play?
I'd really appreciate any thoughts on this. Thanks.

Please forgive me if this is obvious, but Tascam did release a new firmware back in April. This fixed a lot of goofiness on the DP-24.

Next, try removing one device at a time from the chain and repeat a test.

Finally, if possible, shotgun all MIDI cables to see if the problem disappears.

Try rotating the devices in the chain.

I am interested in this, so please provide us with an update if you figured this out.

Hi, Sorry, not visited this forum in while, didnt think i'd get a reply.

Anyway ive updated the firmware a couple of times since my last post and the problem still seems to be there, Although ive not really noticed it that much. Maybe my brain has been ignoring it but since im thinking about it again its getting a bit annoying again, After more experiments this evening.

Its not the most annoying this about the DP24, It has trouble copying and pasting and now my Channel 11 fader isnt responding.. But if i move faders 10 and 12 the volume for 11 goes up and down but no tracks are latched. Tascam know about all these problems but the technical support is just... Not up to my expectations.

Anyway, Im not letting all this ruin my music making.

Onward!

Back