Tascam 85 16B New Owner/Member

jimfrusciante

Hi

I have just joined this forum on behalf of my imminently new Tape Recorder.

I was just wondering a few things and came across this group, perhaps I left things too late since I've just handed a cheque over, but it seems the transaction opened the door to this particular fate.. Anyway enough waffle...

I was bait and switched by the Salesman at my local aladdins cave, Originally intending to buy a 85 16, and introduced to its newer 85 16B model (no longer in accidental orange I noticed)

Anyway I'm having difficulty finding out the new information after having done loads of research on the other model.

Is the manual for the (A) model suitable to use with 8516(B)?
That one is available, but none with the Newer one.

And can anyone tell me in general if its easy (and economic) to replace the Nab? (is it the Hub, nab? The basic empty reel transit) As the one supplied is slightly warped and creates noise and is a little disconcerting.

I'm not sure whether I was duped, as difficulties are presenting themselves after the purchase courtship is over. I know there are likely to be teething troubles, but are these symptoms of my host being less reliable than I was couting on?

Things did look acceptable, I think I'm just freaking out a bit because of the waiting time, and the Shopkeep had to run from the shop for lunch after a long time dealing (although he is Diabetic I discovered).

I'd best keep it less than an essay for now, I'm not so good at that.

Any chat thrown my way is apreciated, although I'll have to see if I can find the thread again.

Cheers

Jim

Back