Tascam 488 Help

thunderstation

I have a Tascam 488 (the older version not the MKll) it's great but Track 8 suddenly stopped working. I'd like to take it apart to see if can find the problem. But don't want to have springs and stuff flying all over....also after I've removed the screws, it's really tough to get the cover lifted up and off is there something else I need to do, like any jacks or something. so I guess my question is what's the best way to do this?

I know this is a long time after you posted, but did you ever find out what the problem was with track 8 on your recorder?

I also have an 8 track 488 that was stored in the basement for a few years. I brought it up, changed the belt, and put in some tapes that I recorded only to discover that track 8 will not work anymore. It was working fine when last used. ALl the other tracks work great.

I know this is a long time after you posted, but did you ever find out what the problem was with track 8 on your recorder?

I also have an 8 track 488 that was stored in the basement for a few years. I brought it up, changed the belt, and put in some tapes that I recorded only to discover that track 8 will not work anymore. It was working fine when last used. ALl the other tracks work great.

yes i did. the sync switch on the back of the Tascam was switched to the "on" position. that should be used for midi applications. I switched it to the "off" position and it works perfectly

Back