Tascam 424 MKIII channel 3 issue (won't record and/or playback?)

iaxxal

Hi,

I'd previously posted a thread on the analog and tape thread(?) but thought I may get a little better luck here! A week of so ago I'd be having some problems with bouncing tracks onto channel 3 on my Tascam 424 MKIII. Upon further investigation I've realised that it's either a recording fault or a playback fault within the channel. I've tried recording multiple times onto channel 3 and whilst I'm recording the signal meter for channel 3 is indeed moving but when I playback the recording on channel 3, I get nothing! I have also tried recording onto every channel and then flipping the cassette and one of the channels doesn't playback anything, which I assume is the channel 3 recording. So, I believe it could possible be a recording fault within channel 3.

I was wondering if anyone has any idea on what I need to do and if this is a fixable fault? Should I open up the unit for further inspection? I'm keen to get this machine back in working order as the rest of the machine is in immaculate shape and it would be a great shame to see it thrown out.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again,

George.

Back