Tascam 424 MKIII bouncing down problem

iaxxal

Hi,

I'm currently in the middle of recording a song and recently ran into a problem with my Tascam 424 MKIII, whilst trying to bounce my two guitar recordings from channel 1 & 2 onto channel 3 Following the instructions within the Tascam manual, I have already successfully bounced my drum recordings which were on channels 1, 2 and 3, and are now on channel 4 (this was over a month ago though). Using the same principles, I am fully rotating the pan towards the right on channels 1 & 2 and I have selected the buss L feature for channel 3 but I am getting nothing on the meter. Upon further investigation I noticed that if I twist the pan knobs fully to the left that signal is going into channel three and appearing on the channel 3 on the little meter, however, after pressing record and letting the tracks play through, I playback channel 3 to see if the recordings from channel 1 & 2 bounced onto it correctly it is empty like before and hasn't bounced the tracks at all?

Channels 1 & 2's input selection is on 'tape' like it should be for a bounce, but I was wondering if channel 3's input selection needs to be set at 'off' or 'tape'? Also, do I need to have channels 3's fader pushed up during the bouncing process?

Here is a clear picture of the Tascam for those who might be a little unfamiliar with it:

Porta424mkIIItop_SP-57036ea20203661b7dad4b979cc5fc01.jpg

I apologize greatly if I've made little sense as I am somewhat new with this gear and it has been quite a while since I bounced the tracks from channels 1, 2 and 3 onto channel 4. If someone could please just clearly tell me how I am supposed to bounce recordings from channel 1 and 2 onto channel 3, then that would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again,

George.

Put Channels 1 & 2 to Input Select to TAPE, Pan both 1 & 2 to Left.
All other channels, inputs set to OFF.
Rec Function for Track 3 set to Buss L.
Press Play/Rec & Tracks 1 & 2 should dub over to Track 3.
:spank::eek:;)

Put Channels 1 & 2 to Input Select to TAPE, Pan both 1 & 2 to Left.
All other channels, inputs set to OFF.
Rec Function for Track 3 set to Buss L.
Press Play/Rec & Tracks 1 & 2 should dub over to Track 3.
:spank::eek:;)

Hi,

I did exactly as you said but I am still getting nothing. When I playback channel 3 after attempting to bounce channel 1 & 2, I get absolutely nothing despite the meter moving? Whilst in the 'bouncing' process, do I need to leave channel 3's fader pushed up? Thanks.

That's strange. Leave the fader up and see what happens. The fact that yr getting a signal afterwards says that it's working so the problem isn't that.

Before playing back the bounce, are you setting mixer channel 3's input source to tape?

Hi,

I've tried bouncing the tracks from channels 1 and 2 with channel 3's input source set to 'off' and again with it set to 'tape' but it is still failing to record what is being played from channels 1 & 2, despite the fact that I can see that channel 3's meter is moving during the bouncing process?

I'm beginning to think maybe something is up with my 4 track? If so, any ideas what it could be?

Thanks!

Back