Tascam 424 Mk1 problem

Bow

3 Days Drunk
Howdy everyone.

I dusted off my old Tascam 424 Mark 1 and was planning on "Digitally Remastering" some of my old stuff recorded on this 424. Then Maybe I'll do some new recording on it.. (I just wish it had XLR inputs)

The plan was to input 1 track at a time in Adobe Audition and then remix it, etc...

The problem?

It gets playing along, then it suddenly stops like I hit the Stop button...

I was search the forum and read about the 688 having a similar problem caused by the cassette sensor.. the machine thinks the cassette was removed and stops the unit...

I believe the ONLY sensor on the 424 is at the bottom, near the record head.

I'm thinking a little tape will hold that sucker down...

What do you all think? ever had this problem or have any other ideas on what might cause this?

Thanks

No, there *should* be a finger or two or a little lever or two at the TOP of the cassette bay...

No, there *should* be a finger or two or a little lever or two at the TOP of the cassette bay...

Really?

the is a black "button" looking sensor on the bottom of the bay.. I push that in and I can engage "play".. release it and it stops...

ive had this similar issue w all my 688s. I had to jimmy the sensors at the top of the cassette bay in order to keep the tape playing. currently resurfaced in one unit, only on rewind though...

i do believe the 424 had the black button the bottom w the angled down sensors on the top? i might be wrong but..a quick and easy solution is to afix something onto the cassette that will keep the button pressed down. its not a permanent fix but...itll get you going:drunk:

Back