Tascam 388 Reel To Reel Repair near NYC ?

zphillips

hi ! I have a Tascam 388 that isn't working properly . it records great initially but after an hour or two of use it starts to get warbly speed-wise and the take up reel is liable to spin into the air -- seems the tension arm isn't regulating properly. I've been living with it for a while but looking into it myself doesn't really seem like an option given my limited knowledge and the apparent lack of issues with the machine's function when I use it for the first half hour of the day or whatever .

does anyone know anyone good in NYC who does Reel to Reel repair ? I'm not just going to drop it off at Analogique with those Yelp reviews without a recommendation of some particular engineer there , so if there's a particular guy anyone can recommend at any of the NYC spots , please say something ! money's tight so I'm not going to take any risks on a spot that might eat my deposit , do a subpar job and charge me through the nose .

if I can't find anyone reliable and affordable in the NYC area I'll just head over to NJ Factory Service , but thought I'd ask in case you're out there !

thank you
zp
OSR , Music Purveyor // Zach Phillips // Blanche Blanche Blanche

Back