Tascam 388 Audio Interface

Hey guys

I haven't posted in a while was wondering just finished tracking a band and would like to purchase an audio interface for transferring tracks simoultaniously out of the tape outs on the back of the 388 into my daw which is a MAC (I'm currently using Ableton). Some recommended the Layla Echo but it's too much trouble to find a PCI card and cable for these older units. I'm looking for something affordable with as least latency as possible. Someone also recommended the Presonus Firestudio but I've heard it's a nightmare getting Ableton to sync with this audio interface. I'm looking for something user friendly, affordable, and reliable with 8 ins and outs.

thanks for your time

For 8 tracks I dont think you can beat a focusrite Saffire pro40. 8 analog ins and outs, sounds good and is rock solid.

Also, its just only 500 bucks. Don't know about Ableton. Got no experience with that. As far as latency, there is none. With it's mix software you're monitoring the inputs . You can set up a kazillion different monitoring options.

I'm biased cause I own one, but I'm more than pleased.

Its firewire based, but they have another one that is exactly the same but usb if thats what you need. I'm not sure right now of the model name.

The pro 40 from what I've heard works real well with thunderbolt with the right adapter.

Back