Tascam 34B not recording

Spooler

Hi. I purchased a Tascam 34B a couple of weeks back and am very happy with it, but when i record there is no responce to the tape. When i monitor the recording all i hear is the music that was originaly on the tape. Also on my other 34 when i arm the tracks for recording i can hear what sounds like a relay pulling in like a small reed relay. Cheers Dave.:confused: Forgot to mention this happens on all tracks.

Last edited:
From my own experience w/similar prob on a 42, thoroughly clean heads, guides, and rollers, and then also try different tape.

As soon as I did the above the machine came to life!

34b

Hi, No i have done all the cleaning and i have brand new tape, i know its an electrical fault but i cant put my finger on it. The machine had the wrong amp boards fitted so i put the correct 4 boards in and now no record. Cheers Dave.

Um...what amp cards were installed and...WHY?!

I just have to ask because there just has to be a good story there...

It is quite possible that having the wrong amp cards installed cooked something elsewhere in the unit.

Tascam 34B

I think the cards were out of a 32 but im not 100% sure the 6 adjusting trimmers on the right had side were not there and had been replaced with resistors. Before i replaced the cards the out audio sounded like a small transistor radio from the 50s. Now i have good full bodied audio but no record and also does not erase.:confused:

Well I hate to say it, but if you are certain you are operating the deck correctly and all, then I can't even BEGIN to go into all that might be screwed up from having the wrong cards installed...there might be a bad power supply rail now or something else in the logic...wayyyyy over my head to be addressed in this setting and from the other side of the globe.

Back