Tascam 34 return to zero

Spooler

Hi. Just about finished rebuilding my 34 and just when you think you are ready to start testing the gremlins show up. Return to zero is working fine but when it comes to a stop and 0000, it takes off in reverse at full speed, so then i have to stop the machine manualy. Any ideas? Cheers Dave.:eek:

Did that function work normally before your "rebuild"?

If so, then I'd look to see if perhaps anything on that circuit was altered or damaged from your work in terms of things like wire harnesses that may have not been properly re-seated or if there is any sort of optical sensor, that isn't in its proper position and not being inadvertently blocked by a foreign object.

In truth though, as only you know what you touched and didn't touch in there, its kind of hard to know, as I've never heard of a 30 series transport doing something like that on its own or from a part dieing such as a bad transistor or logic chip. Odds are it's something you altered while you were doing other work in there.

Hopefully someone will have a better idea or suggestion for you to try.

Best of luck straightening it out.

Cheers! :)

I had the same problem with my 34. If I remeber right there was a bulletin on that from tascam and I think its a ground problem. Sorry I dont remember the correct fix for that but it had something to do with adding a ground to the counter and the chassis . But dont hold me to that its been a long time.

Back