Tascam - 32 Track 24 Bit Digital Portastudio

no one knows the recording time on one of these ???
No ... no one understood what you were asking. Depends on how many tracks, audio resolution, whether you mix and master every song ... 32 gigs is more than enough to record several complete projects, and it's easy to backup to a computer via USB if you need to clear room on the card. I have a 16 gig card, and have a dozen or more songs (4-8 tracks each) and still have HOURS of recording time left. This might help you ... http://www.soundandpicture.com/wp-content/specdata/recordtimes.pdf

Thank you. Rusty axe I'm just sceptical on these external HD drives...before I make a decision on getting one of these things... already have an neno ..looking for some sort of upgrade..

I just finished a tune I posted completely done by myself on the DP24...no computer..."I Love To Love You"...Keep in mind I am not a producer. sound tech guy, its alot of work for me....Barely learning EQ & MAstered for the first time...

I am an Artist & songwriter so for my tracks for release on my site I use session players, my producer and a studio.....each tune costs me around $1500-$2000...I can't pay that for every tune i write

I've heard all the Debates of the NEO vs DP24...the SD card works fine...heres my 2 cents from never seeing a NEO....

I paid $599 1 1/2 years ago...they can be had for $399 by the STUPID DEAL OF THE DAY, every now and then..so the gap has closed....If you are happy with workflow and the results from the NEO, I doubt the DP24 will make a huge difference sonically...

Question is could you spend the $399-$599 on a great Microphone and/or Pre-amp? Or software, keyboard, guitar whatever you DON'T have...

I think this is a top of the line Artist Demo Studio...Best $599 I ever spent

Thank you. Rusty axe I'm just sceptical on these external HD drives...before I make a decision on getting one of these things... already have an neno ..looking for some sort of upgrade..
there's no external hard drive ... it's just a memory card. No moving parts, no mechanical delay, inexpensive, easily replaceable, easily scaled (just buy more cards!). There are no negatives. If you already have a neo, you may want to browse other threads in this forum ... some neo owners were disappointed with features that were not included in the DP-24. To me they were minor, but some guys sure made a big deal about them.

too bad it dose not have a VGA out...I was also looking at Alesis HD24 ..but they do not make them anymore and twice the price...used... its really sad that most companies ..got out of the multi track unties

+1

I was looking at building a rig using the Tascam X48MKII unit and a more conventional board, may still go down that road in the future.

main.jpg

For now, my home studio is working pretty nice with just the DP24, it sounds pretty good for the money, could use a few more effect sends, but for the demo stuff I'm doing it works ok so far.

Nov 13th 13 033.JPG
1.JPG

Back