tascam 2488Mk1 instabilty question

Nicole_Rose

Great White North Girl
a few people have noted in other threads that having a 2488 MkI on stage with you trying to record stuff makes it unstable. like the shaking from the stage gives it real issues. i'm using mine to play the back tracks to my bands songs and in studio we haven't had any problems. we dont' have a drummer, all the drums are programmed and on the tascam. do you guys think i'll have problems with it on stage in this capacity?

Nicole, all you can do is try.

You should try to isolate the unit from isolation as much as possible - a firm surface with some kind of vibration isolation between that surface and the unit.

Could you not just mixdown the backing to a CD? We played with another band recently who played there backing tracks from mp3s stored on a Sony PSP.

well, in their past shows the band has tried various other things, but they say that the sound coming out of my tascam is the best they've ever heard for that. i'm hoping that my efforts to isolate it from the vibrations will be sufficient

Nicole, all you can do is try.

You should try to isolate the unit from isolation as much as possible - a firm surface with some kind of vibration isolation between that surface and the unit.

ya, i'm going to try and get my hands on some kind of foam mattress material. that should cut off most of the vibrations.

Back