Tascam 2488 neo pre/post effects

wings012345

How do most of you use this? it doesnt seem like it matters because you can always change it from pre to post during or after the recorded track. Does Single effects have to be set to "send" to the input or the select (track) or is it just on off. If i want reverb on my lead singers vocals, is it best to have it set at pre or post? It would be nice for them to hear some verb while they are recording the initial track.

still learning but getting there

The pre-post you refer to is where the effect is placed before or after the channel/track fader, generally you want the effects pre or before the fader unless you want the effect to be independent of the fader*.
*If for instance you only want the delay, modulation or reverb or be able to mix in a little of the original.

To add effects to the initial track you will want to either send signal from the input (A-H) bus to print the effect or from the channel bus A send and return to monitor the effects.

It gets really confusing at first cuz it's all one box, It helps me to visualize the different sections as separate modules like in old school daze. You have a full virtual mixer section for all the input channels, another full virtual mixer section for "tracks", and then the transport medium.

generally you want the effects pre or before the fader unless you want the effect to be independent of the fader
Actually, that's backwards. Pre-fader is "before the fader", which means that it's in-dependant of the fader. Post-fader is after, so if you turn down the fader, you also turn down the effect.

Back