Tascam 246~Tascam/Shure Condensor Mic Demo 05/27/08

Okay.

If I have a chance to go thru my stuff, I might find some tech info on the ME-20. I think the spec sheet was printed directly on the box. Haha.

I have no tech sheet on the MC-210.

Both of these mics are 80's vintage recording mics and are actually branded TEAC,... (my mistake!)

Attachments

• 1-Tascam Stereo Mic a.jpg
    1-Tascam Stereo Mic a.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 91
Can't speak for a sound-alike, but I've been really happy with my Studio Projects C1 and B3 mics...relatively affordable LDC's that have gotten good reviews and I like 'em! :)

I have two of the B3's...they are a multi-pattern mic. I use them for mid-side stereo mic'ing, direct mic'ing guitars or cabs, overheads...lotsa stuff.

Naw,... DAW???

The drums and piano don't line up and its bugging me!

I've banged this song thru my head so many times, literally for years, but I defy anyone to listen to the JL original recording and square that with 4/4 time, which I could never do and believe it's not.

However, (06/09/08) EDITED VERSION produced on MAGIX Music Studio DAW to correct percieved performance timing errors. Added 17 seconds onto song with 24 1-beat edits to square up properly with 4/4 time.

In short: I probably butchered this song live, but was salvaged thru the miracle of Digital!

Pls take another listen!

THX! /DA:eek:;)

Sounds good to me Dave, though a wee bit slower than the original.

For my taste, it's a bit dry and I would love to hear some outboard effects thrown into the mix, but if that's how you roll than that's how you roll- which is cool:cool:

Yeah!

I like the dry clean sounds & to keep things simple. The 246 is a great sounding & well equipped unit. 4-track is simple and fun!

Thanx for the spin and comments!

/DA:eek:;)

PS: What I think would sound good as an alternative would be to produce this tune again from scratch on 8-track, which would accommodate multitrack drums and stereo piano tracks. 8-track retracking on this for me is TBD, but may be fun at some future time.:eek:;)

Last edited:
Back