tascam 246 belt specs

gtar02

Does anyone know the measurements for the two belts in a 246. I have searched the bbs as well as all over the internet to find them.

Contact Tascam Parts and ask for the correct replacements. The parts and shipping are cheap -- it's not worth trying to hunt down parts that may or may not be to spec.

The one belt that you describe is the capstan drive belt, the other is a round belt and it slips my mind at the moment (Wow! That belt is so loose it's even slipping my mind -- you gotta get that replaced man!) :D

Tascam parts will know what you need by your description.

parts@teac.com
parts@tascam.com
(323) 727-4840

It's best to call the number and talk to a person.

:cool:

I did a search for a belt place and ordered a belt from them instead of Tascam who wanted 15 times as much for the same belt. I’m at work right now and don’t remember the name of the company. Do a search. Measure the diameter of the pulleys and the distance between centers, including any turns around other pulleys, to calculate the belt length. Calipers or something similar will come in handy for measuring. Even a piece of string or something with similar body as the belt thickness will work. I used AutoCAD to figure mine, but it can be done without it. I believe the belt I did buy cost me a whopping $1.68, plus shipping.

I got the big belt from a VCR repair store - they were only 50cents, so I ordered plenty of them.

Back