Tascam 244, 246 portastudio idler tires

robert_millsap

IMG_3224.jpg

This is my first production run, ill be able to sell them cheaper as I buy larger quantities. next up, 244,246 Replacement pinch rollers

For sale at:
Tascam 244, 246 Portastudio Idler tire set - eBay (item 110632501143 end time Feb-04-11 21:28:40 PST)

I get a kick out of people who buy out cheap faucet washers at a local hardware store, tag them as something that they're not and try to re-sell 'em at a premium. :D

BTW, thanks for the link Mike. :)

The replacement tires I offer are cast rubber parts that I individually machine to be within .005 of the original Tascam tires. However, as doctor zee stated, aerator washers (which are slightly over sized) work with a little persuasion

...cast rubber parts that I individually machine to be within .005 ...
REALLY!!!!!!!???????
Machining rubber is VERY tricky process in general. Rubber is a VERY freaky material to work with.
Machining a small 'complex' rubber part like a "ring" with I.D./O.D./Thickness with high precision such as ( .005!!!!! ) must be a DAMN sophisticated state-of-the-art procedure.

I want to see how you do this.
No jokes.

;)

The replacement tires I offer are cast rubber parts that I individually machine to be within .005 of the original Tascam tires.

I find this hard to believe 'cause yours look different to the ones which are mounted on the idler wheels, the original rubber. It's actually fairly obvious when you look at the original and yours.

Back