Tascam 22-4 and dBX

rickb

reelin' thru the years
Is the RX-9 dBX model the only dBX NR unit that can be used with the Tascam 22-4? The 22-4 has a "control signal" input jack that interfaces with the RX-9 unit. Can a pair of dBX 150's or a DX-4D unit be used with the 22-4? Thanks for any advice you all can offer.

The dx4d works great with a 22-4. I would say it is the best way to go if you can get one for a descent price.

Thanks for the reply, Herm. Really a newbie here...getting back to analog recording after being away fom it for quite a while now. Picked up a pair of dBX 150's Type I for the Tascam 22-4..which the 22-4 needs a new belt, hopefully all, to get it back on-line. So, trying to get back in to it with small budget to keep the wife happy. Hopefully the 150's will work. If not I have about $25 in each so we will see. Picked up an Aphex Exciter and a dBX 166XL recently so plan on playing around and having some fun. Record my stuff, mainly acoustic guitar and dub in elec., bass, and some purcussive stuff. Purely R&R and not over-serious. I mix to a decent cassette right now but looking to get a 1/2 track. Need some decent mikes also. Anything in the "have to have" category that you would suggest.

Yeah... analog forum is the place to be. A Tascam 22-2 would make a great mixdown deck. The dbx 150's do a good job. :)

Back