Tascam 1641-iphone/ipod

Boongoon

Hello,

I have a tascam 1641. I have been using it for a few years, basically as a mixer. I have the td-12 roland drums that i patch through it via the line out. Also using the midi out but not often. I have always routed my iPhone/ipod through the td-12 module via the aux in. Now that i am trying my hand at recording (Reaper/Steven Slate Drums) i want to separate the play along track. I have tried a few things.

I used the s/pdif coaxial out to the iPod. I have a adapter that is phono to stereo then a 1/8 stereo to 1/8 stereo into the iPod. No sound.

I have tried using a line out from the rear of the tascam and got sound but not nearly as loud or clear as through the td-12. I tried both mono and stereo.

The best result was using a xlr to 1/8 from the preamped inputs on the front. However, i do not want to take up a mic-in for this.

What is the best way for full sound?

Thanks,
Evan

In addition to the above, i am having trouble getting sound from the tascam to my rokit 5 speakers. xlr-1/4" into the line out balanced. I have one mackie 450v2 out of the monitor jack for my live electric drum playing.

Any help?

Your monitors should be connected to the Monitor Out (TRS) jacks on the bottom right (rear) of the Tascam. The MIX knob, as well as Monitor knob on front right of unit will then control volume. The Monitor Out's are fed from outputs 1/2 from your DAW.

The Ipod could be connected via a 1/8' stereo to 1/4" 'Y' cable, to either Input 9/10 on the face, or 11-14 on the rear.

Back