tascam 106

thunderstation

I just purchased a Tascam 106 for $75.00 ( which I thought was a pretty good price- it's a six channel mixer with the VU meters on the master channels. it's in good working order - I do get a radio station reception on one of the channels, so I have to dispense with that somehow. Anyone know anything about or maybe have used this particular model?

I used to have an M106 mixer many moons ago but never had any problems with RF interference so considering this mixer originally sold for around 600 bucks when new, take into a qualified service center and get it fixed. The 75 bucks you paid for it used plus the cost of the repair will still have you ahead of the original selling price and then you'll have a fully functioning mixer.

But, before you get the mixer serviced, ensure that the RF isn't coming from a faulty patch cord or grounding issue with your set up. Are you getting this RF by let's say, plugging a Mic into one good channel, then simply replugging that same Mic into the bad channel and the problem appears or is the problem related to only one untested source?

Cheers! :)

thanks for the reply. i'm only getting the RF interferance in one channel and it happens when i plug into the "line in". the other interesting thing is i don't get it all the time. - everything else seems to be in good working order.

Back