Tapco S.8 - VS - Samson Resolv 65a

Cageofmind

Hey Guys,
I have reciently been building to my little home studio. Right now I am running a Presonus Firepod with some other goodies and am looking for a set of good monitors. I am doing a website for this small, local music store and he is giving me in store trade for my webwork. I was really hoping to spend this on a nice set of studio monitors. The only problem is he only carries two brands of studio monitors, Tapco and Samson. So I am trying to decided between (The only two monitors he has in stock right now) the Tapco S.8 and the Samson Resolv 65a.

The main style of music that I record is hardrock, much like Mudvayne, Slipknot, 40 Below Summer, Flaw, Tool, and A Perfect Circle (That sort of spectrum). Which is the best bang for my buck?

eduleal said:
I´ve been having a very good experience with the smaller Tapco S5´s.
I would definitely recommend them over any samsons.

Hey,
Thanks for responding. I have heard some really bad things about Samson over the past few days. So I wont be going with those. I am wondering though, How are those Tapco S5's? I can either get the bigger S8's or I can get the S5's and something else out of the store (Because they are cheaper). Possibly the BBE Bass Condenser that I want. Is there enough power behind the S5's to be "really" heard in a decient size room? The room I will be running my computer in is a good 20' x 20' (Big I know, but its all I got to work with) and I would like my moniters to have some kick to them. Which do you suggest I go with?

Back