Takstar PCM6100 SDC - lots of pics. $7.99 eBay special - many pics.

tarnationsauce2

Welcome to the jungle.
Well I bought 4 of these Takstar PCM-6100 mics for 7.99 + 15.00 shipping from Japan to Oregon. They look a LOT like a Samson C02 (or is it co2?). I figured, what the hell. For so cheap I might as well add to the collection. I know these pop up on eBay AU for super cheap pretty often too.

I decided to make this post because when I went to research them online I couldn't find much useful info.

The build quality is pretty decent. They feel solid, and the shockmount is an interesting design. they even used a brass insert for the shockmount instead of plastic threads. But if you used these on snare/toms, I imagine 1 hit of a stick will crush the shockmount body. It also comes with a black clown-nose pop filter.

I have not used these yet, they arrived today. I'll update this thread with sound clips and thoughts about the sound on a later date.

The input transistor is a K596, and output pair are 2N5401.

The XLR contacts are gold plated, but I'm not sure if the capsule contacts are gold plated or raw brass.

These might be a viable mic option for someone on a realy tight bidget.

You can see the mfr date is7/31/2006. Only 19 days ago! :eek: All the mics were made on the same day, and have the same QC stamp.

takstar_pcm6100_box.jpg

takstar_pcm6100_box2jpg.jpg

takstar_pcm6100_2.jpg

takstar_pcm6100_1.jpg

takstar_pcm6100_3.jpg

takstar_pcm6100_shockmount.jpg

takstar_pcm6100_shockmount2.jpg

takstar_pcm6100_capsule5.jpg

takstar_pcm6100_capsule4.jpg

takstar_pcm6100_capsule3.jpg

takstar_pcm6100_capsule1.jpg

takstar_pcm6100_capsule2.jpg

takstar_pcm6100_guts.jpg

takstar_pcm6100_card.jpg

takstar_pcm6100_specs.jpg

Hi, They don"t look like Bad Mics especially for the Price....

Do you know if this Guys has any more for sale on e-bay and have a Link??

Enjoy your new mics!!!

Cheers

Thanx for the Link but the Guy only ships to the US and it is an Electret Condenser as Opposed to a True Condenser which is why it is Probably so Cheap ......

Too bad the Shipping is so Much cuz if the shiping was cheaper they would actually be worth getting.....

I"m actually looking at a Broken Behr B2 LDC for pretty cheap that I am going to Scavange for the Capsule and the Body and replace the electronics which I will probably get for less than one of these mics.....

Also also make Lots of Mics based on the MSH Mics but they are noisier than most real condensers...

Thanx

PS: the Behr SDC"s look like better mics as they are True condensers and have a Higher SNR and better frequency responce and probably cheaper In the US, here in Canada at the Local shops they run about $100 a Pair for the Behr SDC"s.....

tarnationsauce2 said:
I have not used these yet, they arrived today. I'll update this thread with sound clips and thoughts about the sound on a later date.

@tarnationsauce2 Have you had a chance to give these mics a shot yet? I'm interested in hearing sound clips. And, do you know if the shockmounts would fit the MXL 603s mics? Might be worth it for that.

Back