Taking my AW4416 to 16 tracks - please tell your story

GABritton

I know I posted a thread like this already, but I want to see if there's any other/better options.

I have a Yamaha AW4416 DAW. I would like to take this unit to 16 tracks now. I know I'll be using the card slots in the back, but I have not bought one yet.

There are a couple options I can go with (adat OR XLR, but I'd like to see if anyone has done this as well, and if you have, please tell me your story.

Your AW4416 alrwady has 16 Tracks, I assume you mean "16 Channels"
I have installed the 8 x 1/4" inputs (MYAD8 I beleive it is called), as well as the MYAD4 (which is 4 XLR inputs).
I purchased the eight quarter inch input card for mixing instruments from my Akai MPC2000 which has the 8 output card installed. I utilize these extra inputs on the AW4416 and sync up the Akai through MIDI. It gives me
16 recorded tracks (AW4416) and I have 16 open channels to mix in MIDI instruments (AKAI) during mixdown.
I purchased the 4 XLR inputs simply because they are line level (No Preamps) and use them with external Microphone preamps of much greater quality.

I have to say installation took 5 minutes with both cards and they have been working perfectly. In my situation, using midi instruments with live instruments.
the expansion inputs have been very valuable.

Back