Takamine Classical Accoustic...

ambi

Does Takamine make decent classical accoustic guitars? I shop nearby has a used one for 400 Canadian. They say it's a more advanced one so it's higher up model.

Anyone know of these? I don't know the exactly model unfortunatly.

Probably about the same model as mine. I bought it for $700 US about five years ago, and for the money, it's been a great guitar...of course, it's no custom-made guitar by your favorite lutier, but for the price, you'll be very happy.

Apparantly its a takamine tg006r
The R is for rosewood.

He said it's an older one, and made in Japan. Apparantly now they aren't all made in Japan, but this one was made back in the day when they were all made in Japan (don't know when that was).

Does this change anything? He estimated 1000 new, and he selling it for 400 used, but he said he couldn't be sure how much it would cost new thesedays. But he said it would be a higher end Takamine because of it being made in Japan. Is that BS?

Ok one more update, just incase anyone is actually reading/had some input.

I went to the place today and tryed it. It was nice to play and had a nice sound, he said it's at least 20 years old (which is apparantly good). It was easy to place and had a nice crisp sound. It would be 400 Canadian with a hard case and new strings. It's broken in and aged well, and it has lots of cosmetic flaws but no major dents or holes, just knicks are scratches and gouges.

At the other place they have a New Almansa guitar. I think it was the 403 maybe, bottom of the line i think, about 360-400 Canadian. It would be an extra 20 for strings and 60 for a hard case.

So i'm thinking the Takamine would be a better guitar/deal? A little cheaper AND a better guitar? Plus he said that within 6 months i can take it back and put the full value of it that i paid towards something else. So i can bring it back and put the 400 towards something else. Which is cool.

What do you all think? They both felt about the same, the Takamine maybe a little easier to play, but then again i don't really know how to play so i can't really judge well.

I'd go with the Takamine, and if the guitar is 20 years old you should consider replacing the preamp with something newer down the line.

Oh sorry, forgot to mention it has no electronics. Just pure and simple classical (what i want so it's ok).
I'd rather have a 400 dollar guitar, than a guitar that cost 400 dollars but is really a 300 dollar guitar and 100 dollar pickup. Besides i just need the guitar now for learning.

dude! go with the takamine. i have one that was handed down to me by my father. it is a spitting image of a martin D-41 in looks, but the thing is so much easier to play and, IMO, sounds far superior. i got mine with no electronics and vowed not to put any in due to having to destroy the body, but i found this fishman pickup that only involves putting 3 really tiny holes in it. it sounds stellar too. everyone that comes into my studio comments on how good the guitar sounds. even people that bring there own taylors. :)

I think i'm going with the Takamine!

Going to go down in a few days and get it.
He's throwing in the case and strings...

Back